Thursday, March 29, 2012

Reception







Our wedding Reception was Saturday morning the day after our ceremony.
I'm so grateful we did it that way!!
Then we got to just focus on the Temple. My family just got to celebrate and be happy for us. 
They didn't have to stress about details. 
We got to go to my house with everyone from the temple and eat a catered dinner.
This way I got to eat my favorite food but I got to say my last goodbye to my home.
I wouldn't have changed a single thing!
SO. Garth and I woke up early - our first time waking up next to each other!!!
And I headed to my hair/makeup appt (yes my second one--so spoiled) and he headed to my home to hang out. 


My best friend came to my hair appointment because she wanted to be the first to see me. 
She did her own hair there and we just talked and laughed. 
My hair appointment actually ended up going way late and we were about an hour behind. 
It was terrible! I got super stressed. 
Then I headed to the reception place and no one there could tell me where my dress was haha.
So I was running around trying to get ready in ten minutes before guests showed up!
(No time for pictures ):)
I really didn't actually like my hair that day at first. Wasn't my style really. 
BUT it just didn't matter I was super happy and people always tell the bride she looks pretty anyways haha.
So we started out with "the line" but it lasted about 10 minutes. 


We got hungry, and our food was too delicious. 
Chick-fil-a catered our wedding. I know I know seems silly, but it was so good!
I love breakfast especially chick-fil-a's.
So it was the chicken minis, eggs, BISCUITS AND GRAVY!!! and fruit and muffins. 
SO GOOD. 

And then to play on the wintery feel we had a hot chocolate bar. 



All orders were made to order. I had peppermint hot cocoa and Garth had snickers. 
Jonathan was a big fan of the coconut hot cocoa. 
She even steamed the milk right there for you.  It was a big big hit.
I quite enjoyed it. 
Everything at the reception looked beautiful thanks to my mom.
She found someone to do the cake like I wanted-- with little snow men. 
We had a layer of lemon and rasberry filling
a chocolate layer with fresh strawberries



and some carrot cake-- my fav!!
The reception was a blast. I probably looked a little frazzled, but thats just because I hate being the center of attention. Even during my sealing I was feeling a little shy because everyone was watching me. Thats just how I am though. So cutting the cake made me super duper nervous lol.
I made Garth promise to be nice but as soon as he had it in my mouth I smashed it on his face.
That way it was too late for him to really get me. haha so sneaky [; 



We danced to the song "Marry Me"
and then I danced with my dad to the song "Stealing Cinderella". 
The dance with my dad was super emotional but he told me that I'd done really well and he was proud of me. We laughed and cried and I'm glad I had that moment with him. 


The whole reception just looked and felt perfect. The nerves were gone, we were just celebrating with friends and enjoying our new life together. Everything was perfect and I'm so grateful for a mom who worked her butt off to make it that way for me. I'm grateful for all her friends who helped set up, serve food, and decorate. It was an experience I'll always remember, filled with SO MUCH JOY!







No comments:

Post a Comment