Saturday, August 4, 2012

Camping




This weekend Garth and I went camping with Kyle and Angie our neighbors. It was so much fun! We already had a tent and everything so we were pretty excited to finally get to go. I've been begging Garth for about a month now.
We prepared the hobo dinners before hand and then the drive was only about 40 minutes.
While Garth and I were packing he kept telling me we didn't need extra blankets or hoodies and things. I was like "where have you been camping Garth?" and he said "All over!" (later that night he said "I guess I'm just used to camping in Iowa where it doesn't cool off at night" haha)
So he made me second guess myself. Needless to say I brought some sweats and an extra blanket and I wore jeans because we left at about 5:30pm.

Garth and I learned I should probably do the packing. This kid packed only shorts and a swimsuit. NO hoodie no extra blanket nothing warm! He was shivering under my blanket while we roasted marshmallows.
Anyhow..
We camped right next to a river so it was a really pretty camp ground. And there were a couple foxes running around.




While the dinners cooked we just played games and talked. Then we ate dinner. The dinners turned out so good! Kyle and Garth made and cooked them so Angie and I were pretty proud. Then we talked and roasted marshmallows until about 12:30 am. As soon as we saw the band of skunks in the campsite right next to us scavenging we decided to call it a night.
It was pretty cold that night. We forgot the pad we were going to sleep on so I kept telling Garth it was his job to keep me warm! He falls asleep in less than two minutes literally. So I just laid there and listened to the skunks walk around our campsite trying to find food. Luckily we'd packed it all up safely and it was far away.


The next morning we woke up and built another fire. Angie's family is a big hiking/camping family so she built fires very efficiently. We had breakfast and played catch until Angie's cousins arrived. Then we floated down the river in our tubes. It was so fun!


REALLY cold. Which is funny because its called the warm river.. but it was fun. We floated probably more than 5 times. And then we all had lunch together-- went one more time down the river-- then had to dry off and leave.
It was a nice get away from Rexburg.
I always enjoy being with Garth so much. He's such a good husband. Always willing to help anyone with anything and we just enjoy being together so much. He's so sweet.
Its funny going places with him because I love our friends and I love the company but he's always still the person I'd rather be with and feel connected to. He's great.

1 comment: