Thursday, July 18, 2013

A Small Update

 I know I haven't posted in forever! But things just keep on going!
This week is the last week of classes, I only have one more tomorrow and I'm done.
Tonight I'm finishing up my last paper ever and beginning my study for my exams.
I only have TWO!
Garth has two TODAY, and had one yesterday, and has one saturday, and two Monday, and one Tuesday and the list goes on lol.
I had a class that was just a first block class so the final for that was at midterms, so since then I've been just working on my capstone pieces. So my exams are easy peasy!
We have just been focusing on school and pushing through.
I graduate Tuesday night and am very excited to see my family.
Then Garth has about 8 weeks off of school. And thankfully he found a new job so no more early mornings.
For those of you who don't know he's been working at 4am everyday for about a year now. He doesn't complain much but lately I can see its really been weighing on him. You can only be deprived of sleep for so long.
He's in 17 credits which is CRAZY for anyone, and absolutely psychotic for a science major. He has had on average 3 exams every single week this semester, not too mention all the labs, papers, and projects. So 3:15am wake up call was pretty much just the icing on his awesome cake. I love that man. He works very hard.
BUT the good news is he no longer works that early and he's actually getting more hours with much more flexibility! He still works on campus (its the best when in school, really).
This next semester he has his easiest schedule he's ever taken and the least amount of credits he's ever taken. We are hoping this will help with the whole he has a new baby and has to go to school thing.
I'm so excited for him to be able to enjoy what he's studying rather than cram it all in the best he can.

Anyways.
We are 2 weeks from full term [:
And... I'm totally ready lol. Our baby boy sits much lower now and is extremely active so I'm getting a LITTLE uncomfortable. Nothing that's too bad, but I'm really glad classes are ending because its getting harder to make it through a full day of it.
Its harder to sleep at night, but with the help of my wonderful pillows I make it through. I just have to get up a lot to use the bathroom, and my pelvic bones pop super loud anytime I move at night. Its kind of funny really. I never want to be old. It hurts bad to get out of bed now, I can't imagine that being a permanent thing lol.
Who knows when this baby is coming.
I'd been having some different pains this week, so when I told my doc about them he said "Congratulations you know what contractions feel like!" And he said I'm getting a little taste of back labor too. They're still too sporadic to be actual labor, but he said its a good sign that my body is preparing and that it may mean he's coming sooner than later.
Which gave me SOME hope that I won't go til like...42 weeks -_-

Besides all of this we are doing good.
Garth wakes up and checks on me multiple times a night--that poor man is going to traumatized by birth. He can't stand to see me in any amount of pain at all, even if its just a sore throat!
I'm overly excited for fall, for no reason at all. I think part of is is that I know by fall I will be graduated, and have my wonderful baby boy! ALSO its probably this whole I'm always so stinking hot, no apts in rexburg have air conditioning thing. That may be a part of it [:
So for those of you who have seen my premature pinning of fall baking, I apologize. Its how I stay happy when I'm sweating lol.

That is the small update as I need to go cook dinner and then start my studying.
I've loved my time here at BYU-I btw, but I will write about that at a much later date [:

No comments:

Post a Comment