Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Fall Semester



Its been a while since I've posted. I'm mostly just always out of time!
I shouldn't even be posting right now but I just can't help but take a break.
I have the heaviest work load I've ever had school wise in my life!
Currently reading 3 novels for one class. Have a paper due every Wednesday for one class. A novel for another class. A text book for another, and a novel and a text book for another, and a textbook and poetry for the other. Its a LOT of reading and writing. On top of that I'm trying to finish sewing my sister's crib bedding (its taking me wayyy to long). I make super simple dinners lately. I'm literally up at 3:15 am, reading at work, going to school, coming home and doing homework until 5:00. I go to the gym at 5:00 every other day and on the days I don't I try to get dinner started. Then its back to homework or sewing for three more hours and then bed. And I still don't finish everything!!

Anyhow-- those are my complaints [: haha.
I'm working on staying positive and not overloading myself. Its really hard to stay motivated when you'd rather be cooking great dinners, cleaning your house, and all that fun wife stuff.
But the days I don't work (Tuesday and Thursday) I let myself sleep in until 5am and then I get up and give myself two hours of homework time, then two hours of clean/get ready time/catch up time before class. Those are my favorite times. They usually look like this.
 Candle burning, clean house, hot cocoa, reading British lit, and Ella Fitzgerald!
Besides all the work, I LOVE my major truly and fully. English has always been my favorite, and will always be. I especially love writing. Right now I'm working on building my skills in less formal forms of writing-- like fiction. I do well at speeches, essays, research papers, academic papers, and emotional pieces. So right now I'm focusing on the short story.
I'm also really loving having books to read that push me to understand. SO much better than the Harry Potter books I was reading over the break. (No offense fans!) They were just too surface level and simple. A great story nonetheless though.

I'm also working on trying to be healthy again. Happy to say that the strep is gone and I'm just feeling great! With the pregnancy and miscarriage it'd been almost 5 months since I REALLY ran on a treadmill. Last Thursday I started with the bike and just went 15 miles. It felt really good. By Saturday I graduated to the treadmill and ran/walked 2.5 miles, then rode 2.5 more on the bike. (I'm starting small, don't judge). Hoping to get back into lifting soon but we'll see where the time permits. Feels good to be taking care of my body, and to take that time out for me. Even if it is only every other day right now.

Garth and I are continuing to enjoy being married-- as if you wondered. We have a couple fun things coming up, but they're secrets so I'll have to share later when they're finished [:
Garth works really hard in school and I watch him study and restudy lecture notes daily. He memorizes everything. I'm grateful for such a hard working man. Did I mention he works at 4am EVERYDAY? Well besides weekends. But yeah thats not fun. He also is a sweetheart and gets up early on the weekends to help people. Last week it was to help the neighbor detail his new car. So funny. 6 am on a Saturday he's up and by 2pm he'd worked out, detailed two cars, and was starting to clean our house. (I was sewing Anna's crib bedding).
Such a great man!

Despite our heavy workloads I'm grateful for our early morning shifts. We get to study together daily and even though we don't talk a whole lot during it its nice to see each other more than last semester.


We plan to enjoy fall to the fullest and complete all the items on our fall bucket list! [:
I can't wait for winter and the holidays though. So excited.
These were amazing fall cookies. Apple Cider cookies with caramel centers. YUM
 Also since I'm obsessed with decorating here's some of the fall stuff i've added.
Just for good measure here's our little Kitchen. Its becoming my favorite room 
in the whole house so. I had to share its cuteness. 

Now here's my small rant and then I'll end this book.
I hate seeing everything about politics on facebook. Not because politics annoy me or because I'm not interested, I am. But the battles become more about what the other side is doing WRONG than what our side can do right. People are so focused on trashing and outsmarting the other side they're forgetting who we are supposed to be. It makes me so sad to hear people call anyone an "idiot" or "incompetent" or complain endlessly about the way they do things. I don't like Obama either, but I don't judge him for everything that's wrong with this country. He's just one man. And things aren't going to change instantly. I don't agree with all that he does but that doesn't give me a right to argue with those who do and act like they are foolish. I was taught to be Christlike in all things. To love ALL of god's children and to love my enemies! I think its sad that people forget that so quickly when they're speaking about someone they've never actually had to meet.
If you don't believe me read this talk!!
http://www.ldschurchnews.com/articles/62734/Elder-Jeffrey-R-Holland-God-is-always-calling.html

This all goes for those poor replacement officials as well [:
Sorry-- but for those of you who know me.. you know I always feel for the underdog.
Even when watching sports I generally want the team who is losing terribly to come back because I feel bad for them.
And I can't watch the players when they lose a big game it makes me want to cry even if I wanted the other team to win.
So yes. I am a loser. And proud of it.
haha.

3 comments:

  1. I'm an English major as well, and the work load is a bit overwhelming! All the novels and essays due at the same time. I'm very bad at speeches though and love the creative side. :) Love reading your blog, it's always so positive!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh thanks! Where are you going to school at??

    ReplyDelete
  3. University of Colorado Denver

    ReplyDelete