Thursday, November 1, 2012

No School Today

      





Today my classes were cancelled...again. They were cancelled last Thursday too. Gotta love it! 
This morning I slept in until 9 o'clock! I know..super lazy. But the night before I only got three hours of sleep, and that's actually happened twice this week so I was sleepy. I was hoping that I would open my eyes to a snow covered Rexburg... but no such luck.
This is what I woke up to last Thursday: 

But thats okay! Last Thursday I made the most of the snow and Garth and I went and took our Christmas card pictures. (early I KNOW) But I didn't want to have to wait for another good snow and it possibly be too late! I snapped this picture while we were out:


Beautiful right? The world is so much prettier when its painted white! I love it. While I was walking around in the snow I made Garth promise he'd never make me live somewhere it doesn't snow. He agreed. Snow makes me way too happy.


Anyways, back to the present.
Yesterday was halloween and I was a little sad to take down my cute decorations today. I felt so conflicted! I was trying to fill their spots with just some wintery things that aren't christmasy. But I found myself wishing I could just do Christmas decorating so it would be done and just how I want it! I will withstand for two weeks. (I want it to be up for a month before we leave town.. we leave for Colorado the 18th). People can judge all they want. I've always been this way [:
I wish Halloween was a little more exciting for me. I don't get all excited to dress up and do scary or silly things. I just wanted to make ghost shaped pancakes in the morning and a jack o lantern cake for the ward party. The ward party was lots of fun... I love our ward so much.
Here's my cake... It was a pumpkin cake with cream cheese frosting but I forgot to take a picture before everyone started eating..   
I imagine Halloween is more exciting when you have children who care and like it. At least I hope so.

Today I flipped the whole house. I rearranged the living room and completely shifted the way it was set up. It opened the room up and looks really nice I think. It also left space for the spot I want the Christmas tree. I'm big into planning ahead.

I did a small craft today because I felt like it. The first thing I did was make a sweater tree. I saw them at target and they were spendy. So I took an old sweater and cut it into two triangles, cut out a circle bottom and sewed it all together. Then I took a 1$ thrift store pillow and used the stuffing to stuff the tree. It was cute and simple. Then I made two red trees to go in the other room. I just glued cardstock to make a cheap version of the cones that you can buy at craft stores for too much money. Then I covered it in scrap fabric I have from a pillow I made. I then painted a design on it.. and they're a little silly but I like them [: They were also free so I just can't beat that. Don't worry they're in the closet... my house isn't christmasy YET.

This weekend is going to be a STAY at home weekend. We have soooo much to do. We both have exams next week and big assignments to get completed this weekend. Next week is going to be one of those crock pot quick dinner weeks and we need this Saturday to prepare for it. 

It took me all day to rearrange the house and deep clean so Garth was a gem and made me dinner when he got home. YAY. We had tacos and some cake for dessert. LOVE him.Then we started reading the book that we want to read together. We have several we want to finish by Christmas.

But overall its been a good week. We had people over Monday night for FHE and to watch the 49ers game. It was fun, but of course we got no sleep. Then Tuesday night Garth had a basketball game at 10:15pm so again we got no sleep. (We wake at 3:15am for those of you who are confused). Then last night we had the ward party and our neighbors came over after for a little while. We love where we live and we love our ward. We've got great friends here and are excited for the good times ahead!!
LOVE married life. Its the way to go.


Oh ps Bath and Body works has some new scents and sales.

These were on sale for half off for buying 4. (Which is cheaper than buying 1 scent and a plugin and the plugin counts as one of the 4). Super great. And then they give you tons of coupons at the register. So naturally I am using a coupon to go back when they have their 2 for $20 on their $20 candles! Gotta get my Christmas scents. (I also had a gift card from my husband.. so they were free for me..).

No comments:

Post a Comment