Thursday, April 10, 2014

The Extension of My Worth

**Just a warning there are a lot of pictures of ME featured in this post. I was just trying to gather all the pictures of Camden and I together. Feel free to ignore them [:**



There are moments in life when I realize that my power as a woman is not whole simply within myself. It is whole and intensified in my labors. It reaches far beyond myself and extends into all that we women do.

Moments like these:
Being a Mother has never made me feel more worth it. I have never felt more fulfilled and more comfortable in my role.

I know I say it all the time guys, but Camden is such a huge blessing! He is the brightness in my every single day I love having my little buddy with me in all things I do!

I fell in love with this little boy the moment I knew he was growing inside of me but I didn't know what an adventure it would truly be!
Camden is such an awesome little boy with personality just shining through!
He loves to babble and jump.
Finds the mirror hilarious--and for whatever reason every single time we go to Home Depot (which is a lot lately) he giggles tons! I don't know why but Garth would tell you it's because Camden knows he is in paradise.


Being a mom to Camden means feeling worth it every moment of every day.
When he stops what he's doing, turns and looks around for me, and as soon as he makes eye contact with me he BEAMS-- my heart swells.

He loves playing "peek-a-boo" and loves to hold onto people's faces.
He squeals at the top of his lungs and sometimes when he's in the shopping cart and does it people look at him alarmed as if he's dying. Then he smiles and giggles and they can't help but laugh and probably walk away wondering why I taught my baby to make such crazy loud noises!

He loves eating, he would eat all day long if he had the choice.
He has liked everything but cereal. Oatmeal, baby yogurt, carrots, squash, pears, sweet potatoes.
Too bad not much agrees with him--but at least I know he's not a picky eater.
Pears are Camden's specialty [;



Everyone comments about how smiley Camden is. Seriously it's to the point where I suck out his nose and spray his nasal spray in it and he giggles at the whole thing! Most babies cry and/or resist at his age. Nope not Camden.
He also had a rapid strep test done (you know where they gag you)
he gagged three times and then she pulled out the swab and he smiled really big at the nurse. She was pretty shocked.
That's my little champion! Who is either twisted and finds pain funny, or just really really strong!

I cannot describe how I feel at this point in Camden's life.
Motherhood is scary, stressful, crazy, and a blur sometimes.
But as he's grown and I've grown in my role I have seen how much he looks to me and felt his love. I have gained confidence through his innocent confidence in me.
I have relaxed and realized he will be okay, and I will be more than okay too.
He is the best little buddy anyone could ask for.
I feel bad that I'm the only one who gets this little guy 24/7!


























2 comments:

  1. Love this Amy ! You have a great view on motherhood.

    ReplyDelete
  2. it seems like only yesterday we were kids...its so surreal that you are a mom! but I know that you are and will continue to be fabulous!

    ReplyDelete