Thursday, April 4, 2013

Our baby Boy

Yesterday we found out that we are having a little man this August!! We are so excited.

So here's how the day went:
   I woke up at four am and my first thought was "OH today is the day!" and then I realized I had 12 hours before our appointment. It was near impossible to fall back asleep.
   I did my best to focus on homework and studying before the appointment but I was SO anxious. I took my neighbor to the grocery store, and I went to campus way before my class started to just read and pass the time. As soon as I got on campus I realized that I had about an hour until we found out and I started like--sweating haha. I just was so nervous and excited and impatient! We had decided we would find out, call our parents, and then go buy some shoes before we announced to siblings and anyone else. My siblings didn't like having to wait very much... but we made them anyways lol. It didn't help that my mom was bragging about getting to know before everyone else [;
My whole family but my mom guessed boy.
Garth's whole family but his dad and Mike guessed girl.
All my friends guessed boy, and my professor even told my class I would find out I was having a boy. Needless to say I felt a little pressure and nerves. SO I started trying to convince myself it was a girl so I wouldn't feel bad if I wasn't having a boy!
I took a big water to class  and drank the whole thing so that baby would be active and easy to see.
I also packed half a peanut butter and honey sandwich and a chocolate so that there would be some sugar going through and he'd hopefully be moving around and not in a position we couldn't see gender! haha. 
I left my class early and everyone watched me basically run out knowing where I was going. I ran to the car and we headed to the doctor.
At the doctor I was so anxious, and I REALLY had to go to the bathroom. Well the nurse sat us in a room and told us to wait to go to the bathroom til after the ultrasound if I could.
We waited for almost 30 minutes and I couldn't do it anymore. I got up to go to the bathroom and on my way the doctor stopped me and asked if I could just wait it out. AH.
Do you know what it feels like to be pregnant, nervous, excited, anxious, and have to pee really bad all at once? I was not liking waiting haha.
Finally they took us to the ultrasound room and we got all ready for the doctor to come do his thing.
At first I had trouble figuring out all the things I was seeing on the ultrasound while the doctor was doing all sorts of measuring.
He measured the femur and said "Just measuring his femur" and I looked at Garth to see if he caught the "he". (He didn't).
The doctor then asked if we were wanting to know gender and I quickly said YES. He still made us wait while he measured and found other things though.
Then he said, "Well he's pretty much just been showing off this whole time. He's definitely a boy."
He showed us the position the baby was in and yep he definitely was showing us his stuff! In my mind he was being obedient because all day I just kept telling everyone I wanted the baby to just open his legs and make it obvious so I didn't have to wonder anymore. He sure did that haha.

After that we got some shots of his face and watched him for a little.
He had his hands by his face a lot and kept blocking his face. We got some good ones though [:
We even got to see him do a big yawn--which was the CUTEST thing ever. Glad its on DVD I've watched it three times now... lol.
It was strange seeing the baby move and feel it at the same time. There was one time the doctor went to take a picture and I felt a big bloomp in my stomach and the baby and moved and hidden himself right when the doctor clicked for the picture. But for the most part he stared at us on the screen and we got to see his little features.
He moves around a lot, which I already knew but it was fun to see.
Garth was all smiles of course, proud that he had known it would be a boy all along and someone would get to carry on the Wright name now. 
The doctor at the end told us our baby would probably be born showing off his manhood because that's all he wanted to do on the ultrasound lol. And he said "I don't normally say this, but there's no doubt at all that he is a boy". haha! Needless to say Garth thinks he's pretty cute and funny already.
And for those of you who know Garth really well--
the baby already looks so much like him!
 This one below is the one you can see Garth in.


After, we called our parents and drove to Idaho falls. We took the shoe picture quickly in Target before we bought them because our family was texting me anxiously awaiting. We had told Kyle and Bailee that if it was a girl we would celebrate at Cafe Rio and if it was a boy we would go to Five Guys for a manly burger. So we sent the picture and informed them of where to meet us [: .
It was so fun!
Then we went and registered for a couple things (early I know but I have a shower coming up soon)
and bought him one little outfit (with a baseball on the butt of course!).
It was a good day, and we love our little guy. Couldn't be more excited to meet him!!

No comments:

Post a Comment