Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Spring Cleaning


Life Update:
Well its been another crazy week in the Wright House, but tonight we are feeling pretty accomplished.
Last week was finals week which for a young married couple in an overload of credits it means switching off who cooks the easy meals of spaghetti, pizza, hamburger helper, etc and all those shameful things that we had to do to get through the week. It means that we get no sleep and we spend minimal time together because we both have huge to-do lists. It was a very stressful week. I've never been in so many classes at once, so I've never had so many final projects and tests all in one week. I had a 15 page paper due Saturday night a 20 page paper due Monday, a 17 page paper due tuesday, a 15 page paper due thursday and a final four page one due Friday. Whoo. On top of those I had projects and tests to finish up. It was a long week but we got through it! Garth had a LOT of exams that week and many scheduled back to back right at the end there so he was pretty swamped. But we both are pleased with our results!!

My family came into town for a couple days and we enjoyed that. They were here for Kyle's graduation so that was fun to get to go to. Kelsey stayed at our apartment which I liked.  Sometimes it seems like I never see her. It was a bummer to have to still be working on finals while they were here and somewhat busy but it all worked out.
We helped a family move Friday night and then while I finished a project Garth helped a bunch more families move Saturday.

THEN it was on to our spring cleaning schedule [:
Because I am going to have this week of school off only and then I'll be in school until I'm full term basically I had told Garth I wanted to get the office cleared out to be a nursery and get everything moved and cleaned around the house so that I could just work on little projects throughout the semester. I made a daily schedule Sat-Tues for us with each room and what needed to be cleaned.
I even left time to help Kyle and Bailee move and have FHE with them Monday, and a breakfast date this morning with Garth.
The baby's room is emptied out and the closet is all organized. All blinds and windows in my house have been scrubbed. The doors, baseboards, and all surfaces have been cleaned. Every closet has been reorganized, all junk is thrown away. All winter stuff is moved to the storage unit. Everything done!
We even shampooed the carpets tonight and I went out and sprayed for bugs because right outside our apartment in the spring/summer we get a ton a ton of spiders and spider webs so i got that all sprayed and taken care of.

Needless to say we are exhausted exhausted but it was well worth it. Garth is a nice person and he even went over and shampooed our neighbor's apartment who are out of town right now.
Kyle and Bailee leave tomorrow so we had them over for dinner Monday and we decided since our first double date ever in Rexburg was bowling we would end with the same date. It was good to get to spend time with them before they head off to Arizona. We are excited for their new adventure!
We leave tomorrow to spend the day in Logan with Garth's family, and then he'll spend the rest of the week there while I head to Colorado for my best friends wedding and my baby shower! I'm really excited but going to miss Garth of course.

Baby Boy:
Lately Garth has been loving life because our baby literally kicks on Garth's command. He'll ask me "how's my boy?" and I'll say "good" and then he will say "is he kicking?" and when he hasn't been AT ALL or even really moving I'll say no and Garth can change it instantly. He will put his hand on my belly and talk to him and tap his finger a couple times and sure enough he gets kicked every single time. He gets so excited and exclaims "that's my boy!!" lol. I love him, but sometimes I tell him its not fair that our child kicks his hand soooo much more than he kicks mine. haha.  I'm realizing the kicks are getting stronger, sometimes they even surprise me a little by how distinct they are. I feel movements more than single little kicks though.

Garth is excited as ever to be having a son. He talks about it all the time. We had to make a rule that he is no longer allowed to talk to my belly in public. He's such a goofy person haha. But he makes pregnancy fun and exciting.

Pregnancy:
I've been trying to eat healthier--not that I haven't been healthy but I've been just cutting out unnecessary sugars and avoiding salt as much as possible. Just to try to be healthy and feeling the best that I can.
Can't say I'm always doing the best though because I mostly just crave candy. Its always when I'm stressed. OR if I am writing a paper I pretty much can promise I will need a bag of runts to get through it. Which is why I've decided to cut out all sugary drinks and focus more on water (water is my favorite anyways--I'd be willing to argue that I crave it sometimes even when not pregnant). So lets not say I'm cutting out sugar totally k? Because I still realize I'm pregnant and will have random needs. Just trying to watch it in the moments that I can [:

Garth and I had a talk about stretch marks tonight. Nothing serious just about how everyone gets them, and how everyone doesn't want them, and how there's nothing that can really be done, etc etc. I've noticed that I've kind of been struggling lately with the physical changes that are occurring and realizing that I should still feel attractive. I like working out and being healthy because it helps me feel confident that I'm doing my best rather than being lazy. However, with pregnancy its hard because the results aren't really the same. I decided through our conversation (and I've thought about this before but I realized its needed now) that I don't want to be ashamed of being pregnant. I don't want to be sad my body is changing, though its hard. I don't want to be sad that yeah I will probably have stretch marks. But more importantly--I don't want to find pride in being smaller than another pregnant woman. Or find pride in not gaining as much as someone else, or not getting stretch marks. I don't want to brag about those things because its not healthy. Everyone is so different and pregnancy affects everyone differently. And yet what do all women do? Look out and compare. So many women compare their belly size to someone else and so many women are totally fine telling someone they are much bigger than they were. We ask "do you have stretch marks" and secretly everyone hopes they say yes. We ask how far along they are, hoping they're bigger than we were at that point. Its so silly! Do I accept the challenge of losing weight post pregnancy with excitement? YES because it will be challenging and I'll have to push myself, not because I want to look better than someone else. I still want to be in shape and look good for myself--but not in a prideful way. And if this pregnancy gives me hips OH STINKING WELL. I will rock those hips and scoff at those who thought I NEVER would have them. Haha. Anyways you get my point. I'm posting this on here becasue then I'll be more accountable. Also because maybe just maybe it'll make some pregnant woman who feels self conscious about her belly too realize that she's beautiful and we should all feel that way.

The end. [:



No comments:

Post a Comment