Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Pregnancy Update

So its been a little while since I've actually taken the time to write about the pregnancy thus far.
I DO update my chalkboard every now and again--I just forget to take pictures of it. So just trust that it happen every so often..
So first things first
I am 26 weeks--27 on Friday.
Kinda scary right? Maybe not to you guys, but to me yes..
It's going too fast for me to keep up I feel.
I keep thinking we need to go for a hike, but we don't really have any open Saturday's for a long time. Then I think about all these dates and things we should do for the last bit of our childless lives. So then I think when we finish this semester we will do it because we don't have time right now. Except I'll be full term the week of finals sooo I have to remind myself I can't put things off til school is out because once school is out it could be go time any day. It could be go time while I'm taking a test sitting in the testing center, or walking in my cap and gown at graduation. I'm truly hoping this is NOT the case, and I don't really think it will be, but I have to plan for the worst right?
So many awkward possibilities.

Right now we are just focusing on school and getting things moving forward. I'm sewing the bumpers, crib skirt, curtains, and a valance. I was also going to sew a car seat cover and a nursing cover but I don't know that I'll have time. I found a coupon also for both online and I got 100% off of the car seat cover AND nursing cover (just had to pay the shipping, which wasn't much at all!) Score!
So I'm okay with that. This weekend is my Rexburg Baby shower so Garth's family is coming and with them comes our crib and our dresser and our rocking chair! So after that I can really get going on the room. Right now its just bags and boxes trying to store clothes until we have a spot to put them. Sewing is progressing ever so slowly as I only have little bits of time here and there. My baby shower is being put on by my two favorite neighbors and I'm pretty excited. Although I am nervous! They're planning such a wonderful shower and so many of my friends are leaving town for the holiday weekend. So I guess I will just have to eat extra of all the delicious food they make right?
[:

So an update on pregnancy specifics:
My belly is growing growing growing. As you all may have noticed.
Sometimes I feel kinda small, sometimes (mostly) I feel huge. Just depends sometimes on what it is I'm wearing. 
Here are some pictures.

23 Weeks

24




25 weeks


 26 


One day I was wearing a dress to school and a girl told me that my dress kinda made me look pregnant. Trying not to be offended that she was actually saying "that dress makes your usually fat belly look like a pregnant belly" I kindly informed her that it was actually the baby inside my belly that made me look pregnant. She looked a little surprised, but not sorry. Maybe we will never be friends, but it made me laugh.
I also hate when I hear a professor or classmate say "Oh I didn't realize you were expecting! Congratulations!" Because then I think, wait so you just thought I had a pot belly?? haha oh well [:

Sickness:
Still here, still just shows up whenever it wants to whether I take the medicine or not
but if I don't take the medicine or miss or anything even just by an hour, I'm sick in bed.
But with it I feel good [:

Energy:
Feeling like my energy that came back after the first trimester is gradually going away. I've been getting more sore lately and find that I get tired faster, which is my biggest annoyance with myself.
I still get ready most everyday, so I try to pat myself on the back for that one haha [: 

Fitness:
I love the elliptical because it feels like I'm running even though I'm not. I'd never done it pre-pregnancy.
I love love love swimming laps. I've loved this for a long time, but I hadn't done it in a while and when I did I felt so light and great!
We are lucky when we find time to both go to the gym though. So I'm not as fit as I should be!

Baby Boy:
He is really, really, really active.
Garth lately has been getting to see him move a lot.
Sometimes I will be sitting in class and out of the corner of my eye I can see my belly bulge really fast because he kicked really hard. I always wonder if anyone in class saw it too and is really weirded out. [:
Whenever I read a book he kicks and pushes against the book when I rest it on my belly.
My bump still feels LOW but it is getting a little better.
He's starting to feel heavier. My belly gets sore sometimes.
He likes to sit really low and push out. It is pretty painful because its usually right where my pants sit or whatever I'm wearing. I showed Garth today and I can't explain it other than he moves really far forward so that my belly almost looks like a shelf that sticks out straight from my hips, rather than being round. And the bulge is just like rock hard. I can usually feel him start moving there, and not sure what exactly he thinks he's doing--its not my favorite, but what can ya do?
Bending down is starting to be uncomfortable which is making me more aware of how frequently I drop my pens and pencils! Sometimes they roll under my desk and I sit there and wonder if they're even worth trying to retrieve lol.

Mood:
Garth could probably testify that I can be a little moody--but If you asked him he's much too nice, he'd just lie and say I'm lovely to be around always. That's just Garth. 
I actually enjoy being pregnant for the most part. Its fun and exciting. Plus Garth gets really excited every time the baby moves, and he moves a lot.
Plus I have a husband who is extremely supportive. Sometimes I think I surprise him when I say kind of harshly no no no I can do it myself! But he's just always trying to help me, which I love about him, I just sometimes like to prove to myself I can still do it all. 
I don't know if I'll ever get used to how much people want to rub my belly but I just try to smile and wave. [:


No comments:

Post a Comment