Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Home Home Home!



Its been a while since I've been able to make a post! I've been home in Colorado now for a little over a week which means this was the first weekend in months that I haven't seen Garth. Its been kind of weird communicating over text, lots of skype, and the phone. Our schedules don't really line up very nicely so its a little more difficult to really get a chance to talk. Its my summer break so I go to bed a lot later, and wake up later too. Saturday is usually a good day because we both have a chance to be up late or sleep in, and on the same schedule.
It feels like its been much longer than a week! I met with the caterer, and the place we're having the reception. I looked into table cloths and center pieces, and I even had the lady come look at the dress. I'm planning on wearing my Mom's dress, just revamping it a little. But this week I'm going to go look at some other dresses to make sure its what I want-- being as I have never tried on wedding dresses! And I have to make sure that neckline is going to look okay. Its hard to picture what it will look like altered so I'm going to go try on some of the things she said she could do. Its all pretty exciting, and its tough! Making lots of decisions lately..which I alwayyys hate doing. Especially by myself! I also registered at just one place for a few things because we are trying to figure out the best timing for my bridal shower.. and just in case I need to be registered at least SOMEWHERE. Can't wait til Garth is here to help me make some decisions. [:
But I've been busy busy busy!
I got to visit with Tink
Spend lots of time with the Fam
(We are watching all the Harry Potters too!)
See Max and Pete a couple times

and Tomorrow I get to see Anna and Tink at our traditional Mimis date. [:
The first week day home I was so ready and excited to go to the gym and to get wedding stuff done.. only to wake up at 5 a.m. sick and throwing up. So even though I got a lot done last week THIS week is the week gym and outdoorsy stuff gets to start. I went on a bikeride last week, but it just made me sicker. Hopefully all works out.. being as I don't have a car here. -_-
So pool for the first time this year today!
And I have decided that I'm going to make a Minkee quilt.
I don't really like the look of quilts so its just going to be a strip quilt, but it will be really cute and just fun to make. Still looking for that skirt pattern my mom has, to make myself one. But we will see.
As soon as I get time and a car it will be on to the scrap booking store to scrap book my Fiance's mission! Super excited to finally be starting, got the first batch of pictures today!
I have a couple tall candle stick holders I want to make, but I don't know how much time I'm going to have for everything so, gotta take it one step at a time.
ALSO I see my best friend Thursday!! Super duper excited about that.
Hope you're all enjoying the end of your Summer Vacations!
Mine has just begun! [:

Haha So glad I'm on break. I'm loving it.
Sorry for the play by plays.. this is essentially my journal so just bare with me [:

This is who Garth uses to replace me as far as cuddling goes:

Miss this boy!

1 comment:

  1. amy, you are precious! and so cute. and im so happy for you and the life you will be starting soon! ahhhh, just adorable!

    ReplyDelete