Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Falling in love again



As I'm sure you all know, I have the best husband ever.
He reminded me of that yesterday.
We have been unpacking for alllmost a week now.
We both work so its been harder to be able to get things done in just one sitting.
It seems like we get a whole lot put away and clean and then its messy again because we open more boxes.
So I was beginning to be frustrated because its like we can't live normal lives with this major to-do list.
We are constantly working on it, just don't have enough time.
So yesterday I got home around 4 and he went back to work until 8.
I started going through everything and I guess you could say a girly moment started to happen.
I started to feel a little stressed, mixed with a little frustrated, mixed with a little sadness, and a little missing my mom.
I know I know female hormones-- so complex.
So I sat down for a minute and then made myself get up and keep going.
4 hours later I went to pick up Garth from work and asked him if we could just get through it tonight.
He quickly replied with "Yes! Lets just knock it all out!"
But I secretly hate that I don't see him all day and then we spend nights trying to get things done. I'd rather just sit and talk to him. (which we do still, just not for as long as I'd like!)
He must have picked up on that or just be a brilliant man because he stayed with me while I started dinner.
Then he turned on music while it cooked and danced with me.
Most of it was not serious especially when he said "This could be our highschool prom!" haha.
But he said that because he knew I was having one of those "we grow up so fast!" days. [:
He made me laugh. And he sang to me while we laughed and danced.
Then he ate dinner with me, told me how wonderful it was, how much he loved me, and how beautiful I am.
And he spent the next hours going through boxes and he was able to get the last room pretty much done.
All through that he just kept talking to me about childhood and different stories.

He was, and always is, exactly what I needed!

1 comment:

  1. Amy!!! ahhh i can relate to you!! that was darling and I loved reading every word!! Thank you for writing that!

    ReplyDelete