Monday, January 30, 2012

One Month!


One month ago today I married my very very very best friend.
He is so wonderful, and this month has been awesome.
We spent the wedding day at the Temple and then had dinner with family and close friends.
We spent the next day at the perfect reception and that night with my parents and grandparents opening gifts. Lovely weekend. 
We then spent a week in Palm Springs and at the beach and Disney Land.
We spent a weekend in Iowa and had another reception.
Then we spent a day packing up my Colorado things and headed for our new home in Rexburg.
We spent about a week and a half unpacking.
And we have just been enjoying every minute!!
We have been going to the temple together, having movie nights, playing my favorite board game "Sorry" and cooking together. We have danced, laid on the floor and laughed, and we even built a tent over the hide a bed and slept in it. Just because we can, and because we are kids at heart.
For our one month (we celebrated friday because Garth got off work early and we could have an actual date night so we celebrated it on the actual 4 week mark) we both surprised each other.
Garth surprised me with my favorite roses. The peach colored ones. [:
And I made him a cake in the morning while he was at work so on his lunch break he would find it when he got home.
He really likes strawberries on his cakes so this is a white cake with homemade cream cheese frosting and a Danish Delight fruit topping with fresh strawberries. Its quite delicious and I thank my momma for sending me the recipe [:
Garth has basically annihilated the cake-- much to my delight.

I love being married
I love Garth
and I love being his wife!

No comments:

Post a Comment