Thursday, March 21, 2013

Little Baby Kicks

So for a little while now I have been feeling little different movements in my belly, but I was never positive that it really was our baby moving. I would tell Garth almost sheepishly that MAYBE I had felt the baby move, but I wasn't sure yet because I didn't want to be wrong.
Well Monday I was sitting in class and felt a definite little thud. It made me laugh out loud and I basically wanted to jump up and tell everyone I KNEW my baby had just kicked me--but I decided against it.
Tuesday night I went to the gym and walked the track for a good while. When I came home I drank a whole bottle of water and got in bed to read. Garth fell asleep quickly, as he always does, but he had his hand stretched out across my stomach.
After a little while I started to feel little taps and realized the baby was kicking/moving right under Garth's hand. I pictured our baby trying to wake daddy up and it made me laugh. Garth was dead asleep so I moved his hand and put mine in its place. I was so surprised that I could feel the baby moving from the outside too! I didn't think that it was time for that yet. Baby was super active that night and I laughed and just followed him/her around feeling the movements with my hand on the outside. It made me completely ecstatic to say the least. I sat in bed just smiling wishing that I could wake Garth up, but knowing if I did he wouldn't actually be coherent enough to understand and feel the baby move. I just shared in our little secret and excitement by myself, and decided Garth would get to feel the movements the next day.

Well the next day baby just didn't want to move for dad. I must have made him sit with his hand on my stomach like 4 times, but he was patient and didn't express out-loud the annoyance his face showed [: He wasn't sure he'd be able to feel it yet anyways.
Then, sitting in the same class as Monday, the baby started moving during the hymn. Of course when I was far away from Garth and unable to feel my belly with my hand.
But I felt movement a couple times during dinner too, so I was getting excited that there was yet hope for Garth.
That night I was laying on my back in bed reading and the baby started moving. I quickly put Garth's hands over the spot and he said "I don't feel anything". I just held it there HOPING the baby would move again. Then as I went to say "did you feel it?" he said "OH! I felt that one!"
Garth says that it feels like a little heart beat--that only beats once haha.
Still little movements, as we are only 18 weeks tomorrow. But I'm happy, and I constantly laugh. The baby seems to always be active during my classes. Garth says its a sign that our baby is tired of hearing Shakespeare...[:

3 comments:

  1. I love it!!! Thanks for writing about it. That is so exciting! Congrats and can't wait for your gender ultrasound!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Feeling the baby move is such a fun and great part of the pregnancy experience! That's so great that Garth got to feel him/her move this early on. Melody would get "shy" when I tried to let other people feel her moving, so Caleb didn't get to feel it until the last couple of months. It sounds like you're feeling a lot better. I've been praying for you two and your little one. You rock, Mama!

    ReplyDelete