Monday, March 18, 2013

update on life




I realize I updated this not too long ago but I was just so excited that I finally updated my chalkboard too... I'll be 18 weeks this Friday. So close to finding out gender and so close to hopefully soon feeling some kicks!?
I can tell my stomach is changing. But so far not a whole lot changing that's noticeable with all my clothes covering it. But you can tell in the tank top pic its starting to maybe poke out a little right?

Garth and I are so ready for the semester to be done. We had an overwhelmingly busy last couple of weeks and we just want it to end! 3 weeks left of classes 1 week full of finals. WE CAN DO IT!
The only sad thing is that after that we have 1 week of break and then we are back to a 14 week semester. So lame.
The 7 week break is going to be so great. We are due the end of it, so hopefully Garth won't have to miss class for our baby's arrival.

I'm so excited to find out gender. I tried to convince my doctor to do it earlier but he's leaving town so we had to wait. Lame!
I just want to start planning the nursery and picking our name!
I have a couple favorites for each gender, but Garth won't be a fully active participant until we know gender. (men).

I'm sad to report the sickness actually isn't over. I always think it is because I'm heavily medicated and don't feel sick anymore, but I tried to ween myself off (doc said to start when I thought I was done being sick). We decreased the dose and the first two days I was totally fine which was an improvement. But then it went downhill quickly until I was back to running to the sink. I guess I'm just one of those lame people who don't get magically cured around 12-14 weeks. Oh well [:

Garth and I are doing well beyond the baby. We have been having a stressful semester but also one of the more peaceful semesters. A lot of school work--but we've learned how to manage it really well as a team and to tackle things together. I love the days he comes home for lunch and we get to just talk for a little bit in the middle of the day before going on to our classes.

This is my complaint for the week [: so you may choose to skip it if you'd like haha:
I've learned that miscarrying changes pregnancy for each spouse a little bit. Cramps and pains make you really nervous, especially before you reach that 12 week mark. It makes you cringe when people announce pregnancy really early, It also makes your husband worry more.
First off, Garth is just Garth. He's the type of guy who doesn't let you open your own door, and doesn't like you to carry the heavy things if you don't have to because you're his wife and that's just Garth. Which I love about him. I think its cute and gentlemen-like. But then if you add in our first pregnancy and how active we were, I still ran and swam laps and worked out almost daily (which is fine, its not WHY I miscarried) of course at some point I know Garth wondered if he let me do too much. So now, when you put that all together you have a very attentive husband on the second pregnancy. He doesn't like me to carry the groceries if he can help it (I still help though promise!) he prefers I do things like walk and ride the bike at the gym, and if I get cramps and he can tell oh my goodness I don't get to lift a finger. Lol. Which yes sometimes I have to tell him to just calm down and I'm fine [: BUT that's MY job. There have been a lot of people who tell him to not do this or not feel this way or who roll their eyes or act as though he's weird. He's not weird, he's just had different experiences that make him feel differently about this pregnancy--I wish people understood that. I love him. End of story.

Also question for everyone:
What type of stroller do you have or prefer?
I want a stroller I could go jogging with. But I've been reading that they don't recommend you jog with a baby until they're six months anyways. I've also read about the downsides weight and size wise. So I'm wondering if you have a jogging stroller, would you still want the basic travel systems? Or would you just use your jogging stroller for everything etc?
Just let me know please!!!

2 comments:

  1. My daughter, Hannah is due at the beginning of August with her 2nd and finds out Wednesday if it's a boy ir girl! You must be due at the end of August. You look great!!! Heidi K :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have a jeep liberty jogging stroller and we love it! Our Graco car seat fits into it and we know that the jeep stroller is compatible with like 20 other car seats as well. We have only gone on walks with it, so far, but plan to start running soon. I can let you know how that goes. We are so excited for you!

    ReplyDelete