Monday, March 7, 2011

One Quick Glance



 I figure in order to do this blogging right, I should start with my present state of life. Recently the most frequent questions I hear are: "When are you getting married?" "Where do you go to school?" and "Where do you work?" 


School: I attend BYUI right now, and I love it. Rexburg is my snow globe and I plan on staying there til prince charming sweeps me away. Or more realistically, until I realize I'm poor and Rexburg is not exactly booming. But the first one sounds more exciting right? 
I go back in the spring. No flip flops, no shorts, just me and my lovely little town. [: 


Work: I work for the Devil. Aka Dish Network. Too keep this positive I'll tell you what its taught me. Anything is happier than idleness. How do I know this? I'm happier being yelled at from 3pm to 12 am than I am when I'm not using my brain. What else did I learn? Most people on this planet sound like southern black women. 


Marriage: You people keep asking me like I scream desperation! Truth be told I'm not quite ready to strut down the aisle. Am I ready for a sparkly diamond and princess dress? Yes. What girl isn't ready for a day thats all about her, and cake, a lot of cake. Do I have a boyfriend? yes. Is he an RM? Yes. Is he my brother's old companion and best friend? Yes. So whats your point? Time will tell my friends. Time will tell. (My first of many future cliches on this blog). 




Now that I've answered all those silly questions its time to talk about what I want! 


   Simple Joys: Swimsuit shopping. Not the kind where you have to actually try it on and look at your body--no a better kind. Over the computer. Be it a one piece, bikinis, or tankinis, whatever the style nothing can brighten a day like thinking of the warm summer sun and a perfect swimsuit. 
Also, Smoothies. Drink them frequently for best results.


Also Running in the sun. I prefer to run at noon and sweat. Pretty gross for a female to say, I know. But after I run I sit in the sun. Never mind the fact I smell, or that the sweat makes the hair around my face curl like Albert Einstein's. In that moment I feel good, and confident.


Currently Learning
- There will always be something we can wait for to make us happy. Dropping a dress size (or for me, gaining one), having more money, a bigger house, or even a baby. The point is to be happy now, and I'm slowly learning that happiness has to be a choice. Happiness doesn't just happen to lucky people, its chosen by wise people.
- To cook. My poor future husband is going to be miserable at dinner time--and he doesn't even know it yet.
- To love myself before I can love others. (this lesson has to be learned many times in life)

Currently loving:
- The gospel
- Country music
- Skype.

Smiles:
This week this talk gave me a reason to smile. I read it Sunday after church.
http://lds.org/ldsorg/v/index.jsp?locale=0&sourceId=81e3f5036e881210VgnVCM100000176f620a____&vgnextoid=43d031572e14e110VgnVCM1000003a94610aRCRD


And Him [:

-Amy Lynn

No comments:

Post a Comment